Re: [fukuoka_farming] (unknown)

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
      Sundaresan,

      Is it the same field where you had grown green gram in the last season? I remember seeing a full cover of green gram in the grass last time and was thinking you will go with paddy in this rainy season.

      The grass looks to be really thick, and this is the same kind of grass which exists in our locality. Eager to see your success in this without tilling.

      Regards,
      Nandan

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
        Dear Mr.Nandan,
        This land is of 5.6 Acres(Perumanthangal)

        Of which 2 acres - Green gram I have harvested and the plants are in the end stage. My plan is to scatter rice over the green gram. But Open well in this area are dried up. Rain fall is very less . Hence I plan to put the rice till heavy downpour and open well with water(still I wait)
        Remaining part 3.6 acres, I stopped grazing and allowed the grass and weeds to grow. One month back I have sown piegon pea.
        a.sundaresanVellore

        From: Sundaresan A <sundaresanma@ yahoo.com>

        To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
          Sundaresan,

          Thanks for the clarification. This time rain is less in many parts of India. Hopefully after a few years of natural farming, your open well should have enough water, since the mulch will help to retain the rain water.

          From: Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com>

          To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

          From: Sundaresan A <sundaresanma@ yahoo.com>

          To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
            Dear Suderason,
            Your plan of rice planting without tilling failed due to no rain this year.
            Its O.K.
            No tilling and no grazing will bring nice result. Actually I was confused
            with ground cover it is looking like grazing land.
            Thanks
            Raju