  • Sundaresan A
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
      Dear friends,
      I scattered the Pigeon pea (arhar or  Cajanus_cajan) seeds by direct broadcasting during the rain among the grass. Almost the germination sucess is nealy 80-90%. except some seeds taken out by birds after few days of sowing.
      I am planning to remove the weed after some time.
      http://picasaweb.google.co.in/sundar34/New#
      A.sundaresanVellore

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
        Dear Sunderason,
        I saw pictures and it looks nice. I will add comments.
        Thanks
        Raju

        On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Sundaresan A <sundaresanma@...>wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        > I scattered the Pigeon pea (arhar or Cajanus_cajan) seeds by direct
        > broadcasting during the rain among the grass. Almost the germination sucess
        > is nealy 80-90%. except some seeds taken out by birds after few days of
        > sowing.
        > I am planning to remove the weed after some time.
        > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/sundar34/New#
        > A.sundaresanVellore

      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
          Sundaresan,

          Is it the same field where you had grown green gram in the last season? I remember seeing a full cover of green gram in the grass last time and was thinking you will go with paddy in this rainy season.

          The grass looks to be really thick, and this is the same kind of grass which exists in our locality. Eager to see your success in this without tilling.

          Regards,
          Nandan

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
            Dear Mr.Nandan,
            This land is of 5.6 Acres(Perumanthangal)

            Of which 2 acres - Green gram I have harvested and the plants are in the end stage. My plan is to scatter rice over the green gram. But Open well in this area are dried up. Rain fall is very less . Hence I plan to put the rice till heavy downpour and open well with water(still I wait)
            Remaining part 3.6 acres, I stopped grazing and allowed the grass and weeds to grow. One month back I have sown piegon pea.
            a.sundaresanVellore

            From: Sundaresan A <sundaresanma@ yahoo.com>

            To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
              Sundaresan,

              Thanks for the clarification. This time rain is less in many parts of India. Hopefully after a few years of natural farming, your open well should have enough water, since the mulch will help to retain the rain water.

              From: Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com>

              To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

              From: Sundaresan A <sundaresanma@ yahoo.com>

              To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 12, 2009
                Dear Suderason,
                Your plan of rice planting without tilling failed due to no rain this year.
                Its O.K.
                No tilling and no grazing will bring nice result. Actually I was confused
                with ground cover it is looking like grazing land.
                Thanks
                Raju