Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming and Drought

  • Robert Ray
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
      I would love to visit with you and learn all I can. If it gets you all back
      together
      again ... that is even better as many heads working together can do more

      I definitely want to know the very best ways to deal with the drought. I
      will be
      involved also in Aquaponics as a way to grow fish and plants to gether and
      saving about 80% of the water normally used in raising plants.

      I look forward to meeting you. I don't think I will ever be more than 2
      hours driving
      time from Bangladore. I do hope to get a small motorcycle when I get to
      India.

      Huggs and my best wishes,
      Bobby Ray

      On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Suraj Kumar <suraj@...> wrote:

      > Bobby,
      >
      > When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no
      > "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to
      > share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,
      > it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > -Suraj
      >

      > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@...<atruefriend%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
      > > THis month is the
      > > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
      > > certainly be hurting.
      > > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I
      > will
      > > be working after
      > > Christmas
      > >
      > > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
      > > Bobby Ray
      > >
      > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
      > <p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
      > > >wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi All,
      > > >
      > > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
      > > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
      > > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
      > > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end
      > up
      > > in
      > > > slums in the cities.
      > > >
      > > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to
      > some
      > > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
      > > >
      > > > Regards,
      > > > Nandan

      > --
      > "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
      > our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
      > Dr. Albert Bartlett

    • Sara Mandal-Joy
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 6, 2009

        > You can also join mailing list in RtN, (return to nature) in
        > www.earth.org.
        > in, where the local meeting discussions are initiated.

        or page mentioned. Can you give more detailed instructions? Thanks, Sara
      • cheluvaraj
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
          here is the link for the websitehttp://www.earth.org.in/

          Cheluvarajwww.green.in