Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming and Drought

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
      Suraj,

      This is a good idea, and there are few more additional people from different fields who is interested in the farming, can invite them.

      As I remember Bobby is coming in December, we can have one more meeting before that also.

      Regards,
      Nandan

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 4, 2009
        Hello Nandan & Suraj,

        Although I have been a member of this forum for some months now, this is my
        first post to the group. I have been reading the posts and find them very
        interesting.

        I am also in Bangalore and have been trying my hand at some farming. would
        love to meet up with you guys when you meet next.

        Regards
        Anand

        _____

        --- On Thu, 9/3/09, Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj%40sunson.in>

        From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj%40sunson.in> in>
        To: fukuoka_farming@ <mailto:fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

        Bobby,

        When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

        "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

        share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

        it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

        Thanks,

        -Suraj

        On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

        > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

        > THis month is the

        > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

        > certainly be hurting.

        > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

        > be working after

        > Christmas

        > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

        > Bobby Ray

      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
          Hi Anand,

          Nice to find more and more people joining this list. It will be good, if you can give a brief on your background,how you got into natural farming and your experiments so far.

          Nandan

          From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj% 40sunson. in> in>

          To: fukuoka_farming@ <mailto:fukuoka_ farming%40yahoog roups.com>

          yahoogroups. com

          Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

          Bobby,

          When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

          "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

          share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

          it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

          Thanks,

          -Suraj

          On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

          > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

          > THis month is the

          > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

          > certainly be hurting.

          > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

          > be working after

          > Christmas

          > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

          > Bobby Ray

        • Robert Ray
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
            I would love to visit with you and learn all I can. If it gets you all back
            together
            again ... that is even better as many heads working together can do more

            I definitely want to know the very best ways to deal with the drought. I
            will be
            involved also in Aquaponics as a way to grow fish and plants to gether and
            saving about 80% of the water normally used in raising plants.

            I look forward to meeting you. I don't think I will ever be more than 2
            hours driving
            time from Bangladore. I do hope to get a small motorcycle when I get to
            India.

            Huggs and my best wishes,
            Bobby Ray

            On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Suraj Kumar <suraj@...> wrote:

            > Bobby,
            >
            > When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no
            > "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to
            > share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,
            > it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > -Suraj
            >

            > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@...<atruefriend%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >

            > > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
            > > THis month is the
            > > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
            > > certainly be hurting.
            > > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I
            > will
            > > be working after
            > > Christmas
            > >
            > > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
            > > Bobby Ray
            > >
            > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
            > <p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
            > > >wrote:
            > >

            > > > Hi All,
            > > >
            > > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
            > > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
            > > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
            > > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end
            > up
            > > in
            > > > slums in the cities.
            > > >
            > > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to
            > some
            > > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
            > > >
            > > > Regards,
            > > > Nandan

            > --
            > "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
            > our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
            > Dr. Albert Bartlett

          • Sara Mandal-Joy
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 6, 2009

              > You can also join mailing list in RtN, (return to nature) in
              > www.earth.org.
              > in, where the local meeting discussions are initiated.

              or page mentioned. Can you give more detailed instructions? Thanks, Sara
            • cheluvaraj
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
                here is the link for the websitehttp://www.earth.org.in/

                Cheluvarajwww.green.in