Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming and Drought

  • Suraj Kumar
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
      Bobby,

      When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no
      "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to
      share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,
      it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

      Thanks,

      -Suraj

      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@...> wrote:

      > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
      > THis month is the
      > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
      > certainly be hurting.
      > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will
      > be working after
      > Christmas
      >
      > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
      > Bobby Ray
      >
      > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
      > >wrote:
      >

      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
      > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
      > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
      > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up
      > in
      > > slums in the cities.
      > >
      > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some
      > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Nandan

      "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
      our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
      Dr. Albert Bartlett

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
        Dear friends,

      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
          Suraj,

          This is a good idea, and there are few more additional people from different fields who is interested in the farming, can invite them.

          As I remember Bobby is coming in December, we can have one more meeting before that also.

          Regards,
          Nandan

          On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

          > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

          > THis month is the

          > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

          > certainly be hurting.

          > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

          > be working after

          > Christmas

          > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

          > Bobby Ray

          > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com<p_k_nandanan% 40yahoo.com>

          > >wrote:

          > > Hi All,

          > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state

          > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the

          > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the

          > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up

          > in

          > > slums in the cities.

          > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some

          > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.

          > > Regards,

          > > Nandan

          "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is

          our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"

          Dr. Albert Bartlett

        • Anand Saraf
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 4, 2009
            Hello Nandan & Suraj,

            Although I have been a member of this forum for some months now, this is my
            first post to the group. I have been reading the posts and find them very
            interesting.

            I am also in Bangalore and have been trying my hand at some farming. would
            love to meet up with you guys when you meet next.

            Regards
            Anand

            _____

            --- On Thu, 9/3/09, Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj%40sunson.in>

            From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj%40sunson.in> in>
            To: fukuoka_farming@ <mailto:fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

            Bobby,

            When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

            "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

            share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

            it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

            Thanks,

            -Suraj

            On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

            > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

            > THis month is the

            > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

            > certainly be hurting.

            > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

            > be working after

            > Christmas

            > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

            > Bobby Ray

          • Nandan Palaparambil
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
              Hi Anand,

              Nice to find more and more people joining this list. It will be good, if you can give a brief on your background,how you got into natural farming and your experiments so far.

              Nandan

              From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj% 40sunson. in> in>

              To: fukuoka_farming@ <mailto:fukuoka_ farming%40yahoog roups.com>

              yahoogroups. com

              Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

              Bobby,

              When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

              "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

              share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

              it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

              Thanks,

              -Suraj

              On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

              > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

              > THis month is the

              > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

              > certainly be hurting.

              > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

              > be working after

              > Christmas

              > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

              > Bobby Ray

            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                I would love to visit with you and learn all I can. If it gets you all back
                together
                again ... that is even better as many heads working together can do more

                I definitely want to know the very best ways to deal with the drought. I
                will be
                involved also in Aquaponics as a way to grow fish and plants to gether and
                saving about 80% of the water normally used in raising plants.

                I look forward to meeting you. I don't think I will ever be more than 2
                hours driving
                time from Bangladore. I do hope to get a small motorcycle when I get to
                India.

                Huggs and my best wishes,
                Bobby Ray

                On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Suraj Kumar <suraj@...> wrote:

                > Bobby,
                >
                > When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no
                > "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to
                > share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,
                > it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > -Suraj
                >

                > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@...<atruefriend%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                >

                > > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
                > > THis month is the
                > > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
                > > certainly be hurting.
                > > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I
                > will
                > > be working after
                > > Christmas
                > >
                > > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
                > > Bobby Ray
                > >
                > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
                > <p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
                > > >wrote:
                > >

                > > > Hi All,
                > > >
                > > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
                > > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
                > > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
                > > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end
                > up
                > > in
                > > > slums in the cities.
                > > >
                > > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to
                > some
                > > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
                > > >
                > > > Regards,
                > > > Nandan

                > --
                > "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
                > our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
                > Dr. Albert Bartlett

              • Sara Mandal-Joy
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 6, 2009

                  > You can also join mailing list in RtN, (return to nature) in
                  > www.earth.org.
                  > in, where the local meeting discussions are initiated.

                  or page mentioned. Can you give more detailed instructions? Thanks, Sara
                • cheluvaraj
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
                    here is the link for the websitehttp://www.earth.org.in/

                    Cheluvarajwww.green.in