Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming and Drought

  • Arjun Rajgopal
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2009
      Well, i happened to be at Rajubhai's farm in Hoshangabad (Madhya Pradesh) last week.

      Believe me; The Titus farm was the only green patch, neighbouring farms did look like a desert, water levels have gone down below 400 ft, farmers are just abandoning crops & moving to the cities for their livlihood, the state agencies together with the poison farming MNC's do not have any alternatives to this crisis which they themselves have created for the last 3 years & this year been the worst.

      Anyway how can people who have been part of the problem be part of the solutions ??

      Rajubhai Titus's farm & his method of farming is surely one of the alternatives for the farmers to comeback into a life where they lived with dignity & not at the mercy of the powers to be.

      Something needs to be done, some small steps like probably in the form of a study of Titus farms, publications & articles about how Rajubhai has been able sustain his farm & maintain it totally green when the rest of the farmers are facing drought.

      When will the agricultural universities & their ilk wake up to this truly fascinating Titus farm ?? Because it is here ( in Titus Farm) that one can find the answers to coping with drought & not in any workshops & seminars & laborataries.

      Arjun

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2009
        Dear Arjun Bhai,
        Thank you very much for nice comments.I like this Idea "Study of farm" and
        writing articles.
        Thanks
        Raju

        On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Arjun Rajgopal <parshini.kadavu@...>wrote:

        > Well, i happened to be at Rajubhai's farm in Hoshangabad (Madhya Pradesh)
        > last week.
        >
        > Believe me; The Titus farm was the only green patch, neighbouring farms did
        > look like a desert, water levels have gone down below 400 ft, farmers are
        > just abandoning crops & moving to the cities for their livlihood, the state
        > agencies together with the poison farming MNC's do not have any alternatives
        > to this crisis which they themselves have created for the last 3 years &
        > this year been the worst.
        >
        > Anyway how can people who have been part of the problem be part of the
        > solutions ??
        >
        > Rajubhai Titus's farm & his method of farming is surely one of the
        > alternatives for the farmers to comeback into a life where they lived with
        > dignity & not at the mercy of the powers to be.
        >
        > Something needs to be done, some small steps like probably in the form of a
        > study of Titus farms, publications & articles about how Rajubhai has been
        > able sustain his farm & maintain it totally green when the rest of the
        > farmers are facing drought.
        >
        > When will the agricultural universities & their ilk wake up to this truly
        > fascinating Titus farm ?? Because it is here ( in Titus Farm) that one can
        > find the answers to coping with drought & not in any workshops & seminars &
        > laborataries.
        >
        > Arjun
        >
        > --- On Tue, 1/9/09, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@... <p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>>
        > Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming and Drought
        > To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Tuesday, 1 September, 2009, 12:12 PM
        >

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
        > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
        > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
        > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up in
        > slums in the cities.
        >
        > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some
        > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Nandan
        >
        > New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
        > Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and
        > @rocketmail.
        > Hurry before someone else does!
        > http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/

      • Peter the
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1, 2009
          On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Raju Titus wrote:

          | Dear Arjun Bhai,
          | Thank you very much for nice comments.I like this Idea "Study of farm" and
          | writing articles.
          | Thanks
          | Raju

          Arjun Bhai, Raju:

          Don't we all have "study farms" in some sense? Don't we all learn
          something new every year?

          May be we can just start writing articles.

          "Today I learened this on my farm."

          ... and all the rest can study it.

          --Peter.
        • gloriawb
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 1, 2009
            Thank you for posting this! He has so tried to tell everyone, too, that it works....shown us photos and all. Some forget that he had the guidance of Fukuoka on his visit to his farm.

            I wonder if, as the others, travel to the cities and abandon their farms, if they take the time to look......think that they should have listened to this wonderful friend who tried to help them?

            I wrote to him about Bobby Ray's mission in December, but I did not get a reply from him. I was hoping he would help Bobby Ray with his experience and advice.

            Gloria, Texas
            USA

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Arjun Rajgopal <parshini.kadavu@...> wrote:

            > Well, i happened to be at Rajubhai's farm in Hoshangabad (Madhya Pradesh) last week.
            >
            > Believe me; The Titus farm was the only green patch, neighbouring farms did look like a desert, water levels have gone down below 400 ft, farmers are just abandoning crops & moving to the cities for their livlihood, the state agencies together with the poison farming MNC's do not have any alternatives to this crisis which they themselves have created for the last 3 years & this year been the worst.
            >
            > Anyway how can people who have been part of the problem be part of the solutions ??
            >
            > Rajubhai Titus's farm & his method of farming is surely one of the alternatives for the farmers to comeback into a life where they lived with dignity & not at the mercy of the powers to be.
            >
            > Something needs to be done, some small steps like probably in the form of a study of Titus farms, publications & articles about how Rajubhai has been able sustain his farm & maintain it totally green when the rest of the farmers are facing drought.
            >
            > When will the agricultural universities & their ilk wake up to this truly fascinating Titus farm ?? Because it is here ( in Titus Farm) that one can find the answers to coping with drought & not in any workshops & seminars & laborataries.
            >
            > Arjun

          • Raju Titus
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 1, 2009
              Dear Gloria,
              Sure i Will help and guide if i can do N.F. is so simple any body can do.
              Thanks
              Raju

              On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:13 AM, gloriawb <gloriawb@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for posting this! He has so tried to tell everyone, too, that it
              > works....shown us photos and all. Some forget that he had the guidance of
              > Fukuoka on his visit to his farm.
              >
              > I wonder if, as the others, travel to the cities and abandon their farms,
              > if they take the time to look......think that they should have listened to
              > this wonderful friend who tried to help them?
              >
              > I wrote to him about Bobby Ray's mission in December, but I did not get a
              > reply from him. I was hoping he would help Bobby Ray with his experience and
              > advice.
              >
              > Gloria, Texas
              > USA

              > Arjun Rajgopal <parshini.kadavu@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well, i happened to be at Rajubhai's farm in Hoshangabad (Madhya Pradesh)
              > last week.
              > >
              > > Believe me; The Titus farm was the only green patch, neighbouring farms
              > did look like a desert, water levels have gone down below 400 ft, farmers
              > are just abandoning crops & moving to the cities for their livlihood, the
              > state agencies together with the poison farming MNC's do not have any
              > alternatives to this crisis which they themselves have created for the last
              > 3 years & this year been the worst.
              > >
              > > Anyway how can people who have been part of the problem be part of the
              > solutions ??
              > >
              > > Rajubhai Titus's farm & his method of farming is surely one of the
              > alternatives for the farmers to comeback into a life where they lived with
              > dignity & not at the mercy of the powers to be.
              > >
              > > Something needs to be done, some small steps like probably in the form of
              > a study of Titus farms, publications & articles about how Rajubhai has been
              > able sustain his farm & maintain it totally green when the rest of the
              > farmers are facing drought.
              > >
              > > When will the agricultural universities & their ilk wake up to this truly
              > fascinating Titus farm ?? Because it is here ( in Titus Farm) that one can
              > find the answers to coping with drought & not in any workshops & seminars &
              > laborataries.
              > >
              > > Arjun

            • Robert Ray
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 1, 2009
                Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
                THis month is the
                big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
                certainly be hurting.
                This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will
                be working after
                Christmas

                Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
                Bobby Ray

                On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...>wrote:

                > Hi All,
                >
                > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
                > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
                > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
                > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up in
                > slums in the cities.
                >
                > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some
                > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Nandan

              • Nandan Palaparambil
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 2, 2009
                  It takes effort to educate people. Even if you tell them, they won't understand in the beginning, may have to demonstrate it.This is a huge effort and will be tiring, but a focused effort can bring good results.

                  This is best done by involving local educated people in NF.

                  Regards,
                  Nandan

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 2, 2009
                    The report was about Madhya Pradesh, but Andra Pradesh also is a drought hit area.

                    On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com>wrote:

                    > Hi All,

                    > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state

                    > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the

                    > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the

                    > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up in

                    > slums in the cities.

                    > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some

                    > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.

                    > Regards,

                    > Nandan

                  • Suraj Kumar
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
                      Bobby,

                      When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no
                      "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to
                      share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,
                      it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

                      Thanks,

                      -Suraj

                      On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@...> wrote:

                      > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
                      > THis month is the
                      > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
                      > certainly be hurting.
                      > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will
                      > be working after
                      > Christmas
                      >
                      > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
                      > Bobby Ray
                      >
                      > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
                      > >wrote:
                      >

                      > > Hi All,
                      > >
                      > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
                      > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
                      > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
                      > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up
                      > in
                      > > slums in the cities.
                      > >
                      > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some
                      > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
                      > >
                      > > Regards,
                      > > Nandan

                      "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
                      our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
                      Dr. Albert Bartlett

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
                        Dear friends,

                      • Nandan Palaparambil
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 3, 2009
                          Suraj,

                          This is a good idea, and there are few more additional people from different fields who is interested in the farming, can invite them.

                          As I remember Bobby is coming in December, we can have one more meeting before that also.

                          Regards,
                          Nandan

                          On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

                          > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

                          > THis month is the

                          > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

                          > certainly be hurting.

                          > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

                          > be working after

                          > Christmas

                          > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

                          > Bobby Ray

                          > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com<p_k_nandanan% 40yahoo.com>

                          > >wrote:

                          > > Hi All,

                          > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state

                          > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the

                          > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the

                          > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end up

                          > in

                          > > slums in the cities.

                          > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to some

                          > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.

                          > > Regards,

                          > > Nandan

                          "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is

                          our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"

                          Dr. Albert Bartlett

                        • Anand Saraf
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 4, 2009
                            Hello Nandan & Suraj,

                            Although I have been a member of this forum for some months now, this is my
                            first post to the group. I have been reading the posts and find them very
                            interesting.

                            I am also in Bangalore and have been trying my hand at some farming. would
                            love to meet up with you guys when you meet next.

                            Regards
                            Anand

                            _____

                            --- On Thu, 9/3/09, Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj%40sunson.in>

                            From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj%40sunson.in> in>
                            To: fukuoka_farming@ <mailto:fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>
                            yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

                            Bobby,

                            When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

                            "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

                            share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

                            it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

                            Thanks,

                            -Suraj

                            On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

                            > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

                            > THis month is the

                            > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

                            > certainly be hurting.

                            > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

                            > be working after

                            > Christmas

                            > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

                            > Bobby Ray

                          • Nandan Palaparambil
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                              Hi Anand,

                              Nice to find more and more people joining this list. It will be good, if you can give a brief on your background,how you got into natural farming and your experiments so far.

                              Nandan

                              From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson. <mailto:suraj% 40sunson. in> in>

                              To: fukuoka_farming@ <mailto:fukuoka_ farming%40yahoog roups.com>

                              yahoogroups. com

                              Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:50 PM

                              Bobby,

                              When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no

                              "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to

                              share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,

                              it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)

                              Thanks,

                              -Suraj

                              On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@ gmail.com> wrote:

                              > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.

                              > THis month is the

                              > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will

                              > certainly be hurting.

                              > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I will

                              > be working after

                              > Christmas

                              > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,

                              > Bobby Ray

                            • Robert Ray
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 5, 2009
                                I would love to visit with you and learn all I can. If it gets you all back
                                together
                                again ... that is even better as many heads working together can do more

                                I definitely want to know the very best ways to deal with the drought. I
                                will be
                                involved also in Aquaponics as a way to grow fish and plants to gether and
                                saving about 80% of the water normally used in raising plants.

                                I look forward to meeting you. I don't think I will ever be more than 2
                                hours driving
                                time from Bangladore. I do hope to get a small motorcycle when I get to
                                India.

                                Huggs and my best wishes,
                                Bobby Ray

                                On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Suraj Kumar <suraj@...> wrote:

                                > Bobby,
                                >
                                > When you visit Karnataka, will you be visiting Bangalore? I know its no
                                > "Farming" place, but a few of us recently met at Bangalore's Cubbon Park to
                                > share our enthusiasm, ideas, etc., about Natural Farming. If you visit us,
                                > it would be a good excuse for all of us to meet once again :)
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                >
                                > -Suraj
                                >

                                > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Robert Ray <atruefriend@...<atruefriend%40gmail.com>>
                                > wrote:
                                >

                                > > Did you mean Andhra Prudesh? They have very little rain to start with.
                                > > THis month is the
                                > > big mont for rain ... if it doesn't happen this month the folks will
                                > > certainly be hurting.
                                > > This area and the next door Karnataka State are the two areas where I
                                > will
                                > > be working after
                                > > Christmas
                                > >
                                > > Huggs and my best wishes to all those starving farmers,
                                > > Bobby Ray
                                > >
                                > > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM, p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...<p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
                                > <p_k_nandanan%40yahoo.com>
                                > > >wrote:
                                > >

                                > > > Hi All,
                                > > >
                                > > > I was reading a news paper report today about drought in Indian state
                                > > > Madhya Pradesh. Most of the districts in the state has been facing the
                                > > > drought for the last 3 years. The report says, lot of people from the
                                > > > village migrate to cities in searh of jobs. Typically these people end
                                > up
                                > > in
                                > > > slums in the cities.
                                > > >
                                > > > I am quite sure natural farming methods can solve this condition to
                                > some
                                > > > extend, but required a nation wide awareness.
                                > > >
                                > > > Regards,
                                > > > Nandan

                                > --
                                > "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
                                > our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
                                > Dr. Albert Bartlett

                              • Sara Mandal-Joy
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 6, 2009

                                  > You can also join mailing list in RtN, (return to nature) in
                                  > www.earth.org.
                                  > in, where the local meeting discussions are initiated.

                                  or page mentioned. Can you give more detailed instructions? Thanks, Sara
                                • cheluvaraj
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 7, 2009
                                    here is the link for the websitehttp://www.earth.org.in/

                                    Cheluvarajwww.green.in