98RE: [fukuoka_farming] cooperative fukuoka farming.

  • souscayrous
    Dec 1, 2001
      Hello Murali, I know from the Other India Press edition of the One Straw
      Revolution that The Friends Rural Centre, Rusalia, Hoshangabad District,
      Madhya Pradesh, are using Fukuoka inspired agriculture in an Indian setting
      (from the forward by Partap Aggarwal); however, I know also how different
      the weather is between your two states from experience and perhaps the cross
      over would be limited. I'm sure there must be an Indian association because
      I know in what high regard Fukuoka is held in your country and the especial
      relevance his methods have for the non-industrialised, rural areas of India
      (ie most of India). I am just beginning my own small farm here in France and
      your idea of a collective is interesting, perhaps in this electronic age it
      would also be possible to have an electronic collective supporting farmers
      newly inspired by Fukuoka. Such support groups can be very useful in
      creating alternative thinking, even if your climate, culture, soil etc are
      different.

      But let us know how your getting on with establishing your farm along
      Fukuoka lines and if there are others in Tamil Nadu of similar ideas. Also
      let me know where about you are as I have friends in Coimbatore and have
      travelled widely in your very beautiful state.

      Souscayrous