9794Re: colorado beetle

  • kw20082008
    Jul 1, 2009
      Jacek,
      have you tried spraying the spuds with soapy water?
      Somehow I think them might have job sticking the eggs under the leaves.
      Or have you tried perforated plastic film? Might not be practical for large areas and if the little creep-crawlies have already settled in.
      I don't seem to have a problem w beetles anymore - slugs beat them to it! :=)

      Christopher (another Pole)
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Jacek Markowski" <jackommm@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone !
      > Despite my efforts of picking up the adults and eggs, my potatoes
      > became a tasty meal for colorado beetles (mostly larves).
      > Any idea of natural, quick and quite effective way of controlling them? (except using the birds)
      > Thanks
      > Jacek

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic