      From: david.keltie@...
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:56 AM
      Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Wood chips as mulch

      An electricity supply company have been clearing overhead supply lines
      locally so I now have a very large mound of wood/leaf shreddings
      available.

      Shreddings appear to mainly composed of cypress (x Cupressocyparis
      leylandii). Anything to be wary of in using the shreddings as a mulch
      in a vegetable/fruit garden? (I usually use straw - I wonder about
      them raising the acidity of the soil excessively.)

      Thanks, David