8869Re: outreach

  • thomcprestes
    Feb 4, 2009
      Steve and everyone else,

      I've also been thinking about the 'outreach' of NF, and as I said in
      a previous message, I think it would be very nice to have a list of
      Natural Farms around the world...
      In order to have that, I thought about creating a website or
      something similar. Then after a while I realized it would make
      much more sense to offer help to improve an already existent website,
      such as the Fukuoka Farming Website, rather than creating a new one on
      my own.
      Therefore, I've sent an email to the Fukuoka Farming Website
      (http://fukuokafarmingol.info/) offering my help in 1) having an
      up to date list of Natural Farmers around the world, 2) keeping an
      up to date list of Meetings, Events, Courses, etc., and 3) translating
      the website into other languages.
      I still haven't got an answer, but I thought it would be a good
      thing to let you people know about all that... Perhaps some of you
      might be interested in joining forces?
      Also, if anyone has any comments, suggestions, critics, etc., I
      would be glad to listen to them.

      Thank you,

      Thomas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "grannis04" <grannis04@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to all for replies. Your suggestions are well taken.
      > I believe that talks at libraries or community
      > centers may be a good place to start. I would like to challenge all to
      > try some out reach to your local communities. We can't change the
      > world all at once but we can all do our part a piece at a time. Where
      > I live is quite rural but there is a strong movement among the local
      > farmers and the community to connect and establish food supply
      > networks. As money becomes less available people can grow more food
      > both for personal consumption and for barter. Natural
      > Farming/Gardening can play an important role in producing low
      > input/high yield crops.
      > Thanks, Steve G

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic