8698Re: Soil - regenerative power of nature.

  • Jeff
    Jan 13, 2009
      -
      > There may be some exceptions (eg areas with extreme weather patterns?)
      > but if we can leave despoiled land to it's own devices, will it not
      > regenerate itself? (though intervention may be necessary to stop
      > pollutants leaching into water courses).
      >
      > David

      This is true only in moist areas....
      Fragile habitats such as arctic tundra and desert conditions seem to
      have two stable states with dramatically lowered production once
      disturbed, there are some groups that claim to be able to restore
      atleast the deserts in these situations ... EcoResults! and Allan
      Savory of HOlistic Managment are the references for this work.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic