8131Re: Copyleft and Fukuoka's books

  • laurie (Mother Mastiff)
    Nov 9, 2008
      Dieter,

      What an eloquent post! My hat is off to you. You put the issue in a
      greater framework. I hope everyone got as much out of it as I did!
      Thank you so much.

      P.S., To the person who cited them as heroes of free intellectual
      material, did you not read the entire article?

      The Radiohead album was only "choose your price" for two months, then
      it was marketed as a higher-than-average priced luxury set, and now at
      a year old, it appears to be offered as an ordinary CD at the same
      pricing as any other CD.

      So the give-away was very short-lived and didn't preclude a hefty
      profit for the group. Their give-away was more a clever marketing
      gimmick than a true freebie.

      If it were a true freebie, the album would ALWAYS be available at any
      price the buyer wanted.

      laurie (Mother Mastiff)
      Southeastern USA (NC and FL)