8123Copyleft and Fukuoka's books

  • vruiz.jurado
    Nov 6 4:43 PM
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <shultonus@...> wrote:
      > > Hi Iris and Ibo,
      > >
      > > What kind of copyright agreement do you have?
      > >
      > > You know that theft of intellectual property is no different from
      > stealing somebody's property.
      > >
      > > While the _restricted_ distribution of out of print texts free of
      > charge > may in some cases be viewed mildly. Selling somebody
      > else's (author, translator or publisher) property is straightforward
      > theft.
      > >
      > besides since Fukuoka is out of print, ......
      > Wow, I'm shocked.
      > Intellectual property theft is NOTHING like actual theft.
      > In fact what we view as intellectual property has been blown way out
      > of proportion to the original concept.
      > (see "FREE CULTURE" by Lawrence Lessig)
      > The important part of any scientific community is the open exchange of
      > ideas and the ability of those ideas to be OPENLY tested.
      > Originally the copyright was for 17 years.. because of RCA and Disney
      > corporations, art and science are being smothered to feed corporate
      > coffers.. the current copywrite extends for more than 100 years. this
      > is rediculous. THen we have estates getting involved and even further
      > in hibiting the transfer of these things.
      > The world will never be changed by something that costs money.
      > THis is my primary problem with keyline and permaculture...
      > What do you mean I can't USE a word. that's stupidity. language is
      > fundamental.

      (Sorry I'm quite new to the list and I want to reopen this thread but
      with a subject modification)

      To start, I totally agree with Jeff.

      If we want to change the world we have to break these fictitious
      fences and frontiers.

      We need to say no to patents, say no to restrictive copyrights. Share
      your seeds and your knowledge with freedom. Use copyleft licenses
      instead in your publications. Say no to a closed/elitist permaculture.
      We need a free/open/libre permaculture and NF.

      Also, we have to let the people to do translations and derived works
      (with the same copyleft permissive licenses) using the Fukuoka books.
      We have to spread the Fukuoka words ...

      I like a lot this quote from Eben Moglen:
      "The great moral question of the twenty-first century is this: if all
      knowing, all culture, all art, all useful information can be
      costlessly given to everyone at the same price that it is given to
      anyone; if everyone can have everything, anywhere, all the time, why
      is it ever moral to exclude anyone?"

      Think about it.

      As an example, in my country I spend some years until I found a very
      poor copy of the One-Straw Revolution. Bad, too bad if we want to
      change something.

      Some links:

      Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado

      PS: Can someone add some more options to this poll:
      like "Masanobu Fukuoka and his family with a copyleft license" or "A
      beneficiary named by Masanobu Fukuoka with a copyleft license".
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic