      From: brian kennedy <brian@...>
      Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Red Clay for Seed balls
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 5:49 AM

      Hank, now that you mention it, that sounds right. Thanks.

      On another topic--there were some pictures in a book, I think it was
      THE NATURAL WAY TO FARM, showing Fukuoka in Somalia, I believe. He
      was standing with a group on a hillside covered with dry grass. It
      reminded me of California's yellow hills, which excited me because
      I'm in California right now in similar terrain.. He seemed to be
      showing the people how to deal with such conditions. There was a big
      green circle where they were working. It looked like they had cut
      back the grass, and watered to get the "weed" seeds to sprout. Then
      I think maybe they were going to cut them back before they could
      develop seeds as a way of creating an opportunity for other kinds of
      plants they wanted to grow. I looked in the text t o try to find out
      in detail what was being done but did not find an explanation. Does
      anyone know?

      Brian