7554Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: advice on how to turn a lawn into a veggie garden

  • Pat D
    May 1 12:00 PM
      I once heard that cardboard has glue in it. Anyone else know any danger of using cardboard or newspaper?
      Pat

      David Keltie <david.keltie@...> wrote: To help kill the grass underneath the straw, I use cardboard or
      newspaper (thick 20 pages or so) as a first layer. I push back the
      straw, then use a knife to open a small hole and plant into that
      pushing the straw back into place.

      Works for me.

      David