7521Re: NG Greece - Seeding Projects

  • karoubas
    Apr 13, 2008
      Hello Ayla,
      Its nice of you to offer a place for us to stay - its says a lot about
      what I already heard about - the hospitality of the Turkish people.

      Let me suggest that we should plan to do seeding projects in Turkey to
      reforest (turn into forests) the barren areas that I see in pictures -
      its important to reverse the desertification process that is occurring
      along the Mediterranean.

      Seeding projects should be done all around the areas that are affected
      (Lebanon, Israel, Syria, Egypt, Libya etc) - but we need to get moving
      - small at first.

      On your question about the trees I planted - I did plan about 8 olive
      trees this year - in keeping with the natural farming principles I
      planted a large variety of trees - apples grapes cherry trees etc. -
      the land will show me in time what is right for my area.

      Kostas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "ayla seyhun" <aylaseyhun@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I am really happy to hear that you agree to meet. I may organise
      your stay
      > in a village
      > with people who knows old ways of agriculture.
      >
      > Are there others in the group who would like to join us? Bob from LA for
      > example? We may have lots to tell and to exchange for a global shift.
      >
      > I think you have olive trees mainly. What trees have you planted? I have
      > friends from Japan who live in Turkey
      > and they grow rice with natural farming methods at the north side of
      Turkey.

      > Waiting to hear from you?
      >
      > Ayla
      >

      > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:11 PM, karoubas <karoubas@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Ayla,
      > >
      > > Its nice to hear from you - yes it would be a great idea to meet.
      > > There are many others in Turkey and in Greece that practice or are
      > > working on natural farming - we pretty much have the same climate and
      > > problems with soil erosion, pollution and lack of vegetation.
      > >
      > > Kostas
      > >
      > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      <fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>,

      fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com<fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>