7514Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: NG Greece - Seeding Projects

  • Robert Monie
    Apr 11, 2008
      Ayla,

      You and Kostas need to put these traditional farming practices into some documentary form (booklet, photos, DVD) to preserve it. I have Vietnamese friends who vaguely recall their grandmothers' way of growing but have lost most of the details and gotten out of practice.
      Now they say: "I think this is the way she did it when I was little, but I'm not sure--I didn't always pay attention." It is sad how quickly such knowledge can disappear when areas are "modernized" or people have to migrate and new ways quickly take the place of old.

      Best wishes,

      Bob Monie
      New Orleans, LA
      USA
      ayla seyhun <aylaseyhun@...> wrote:
      Dear Kostas,

      I am a neighbour to you. I live in Turkey, just across the sea,

      we live near villages where real natural farming is done based on centuries
      of
      live knowledge.

      I am surprised to hear their wisdom on agriculture, trees, soil, products...
      I am sure that
      you have similiar old villagers around.

      Maybe we may begin exchanging this cultural knowledge between our regions
      and
      share it with friends in the group.

      It may be easy for you to visit us, as ý know you dont't pay for visa coming
      here, but we do pay going
      there. You may come here from Lesvos island by boat. We are so near.

      Maybe we can organise agro tours, friends from different countries may visit
      you and us in one package.
      and this will be a great cultural feast for our souls,

      What do you think?

      Ayla