7035Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Chickens???

  • Dieter Brand
    Feb 2, 2008
      Nobody needs to make excuses for including meat in his or
      her diet. But I don't believe that heredity or the dietary habits
      of one's ancestors necessarily serve to define good life style
      patterns for the present or future.

      What is significant in the life style of primitive man/woman
      on this planet is not that he/she also ate meat but that they
      didn't eat anything at all for extended periods of time. And
      when a sumptuous meal could be consumed this was done
      at the expense of a considerable amount of physical labour.
      Today, that has dramatically changed, and our dietary habits
      have to change accordingly. The sedentary office worker can
      without any labour at all stuff him/her-self with big chunks of
      meat from morning till evening. And I have seen too many
      overweight men that didn't make it passed their 50th birthday.

      If we feel a desire to eat meat, that is not necessarily because
      our body sends us subtle messages regarding it's nutritional
      needs, that is more often than not on the same level as the craving
      for the next cigarette or a bar of chocolate. Now, I hope nobody
      will claim that his/her ancestors lived primarily on chocolate.

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal

      Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...> wrote:
      Greetings,
      You bring up many good points, and I wish I could just let my animals
      run, but then they would be in the county lock up, not running free. We
      have too many people and all the land is owned. We also have neighbors
      that think it is funny when their animals kill yours. Stupid man,
      didn't think his dogs would kill his own calves when they were born. I
      feel sorry for all his animals, especially his dogs.

      I know many people that raise animals for consumption that are doing it
      for the same reasons I do, and in much the same way. We go as natural
      as possible in a confused world, with strange laws.

      While I respect Fukuoka-san, he was Oriental. His heredity was very
      different from mine, we all not all the same. His pancreas was probably
      twice the size of mine, if our bodies were the same size, due to
      hereditary diet. I am aware than many people do very well on a
      vegetarian diet, and some on a vegan diet provided they take their pills
      for the B vitamins. [I think that is the right one.] I don't eat meat
      at every meal, I never sit down to a 16 ounce steak or any other overly
      done nonsense. I do eat meat most days, or animal protein. For my body
      type, this is good for me and I am much healthier for it. But my
      ancestors lived on a diet that was mostly animal protein. My snacks and
      at least 2/3 of my meals are vegetables, grains and fruit. I do not
      eat processed food at all.

      I would urge people to eat clean, naturally raised food that is
      compatible with their heredity. A well balanced diet including meat can
      be very healthy, if that is what an individuals body needs. If one has
      a different heredity than me, of course their body is a bit different.
      This is why all blood work comes with ranges that are good, not exact
      numbers, our bodies are not exactly the same.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim