7020RE: [fukuoka_farming] Chickens???

  • Linda Shewan
    Jan 31, 2008
      I don't know if you have them in your neck of the woods but guinea fowl are
      meant to be excellent for keeping snakes away. One example is
      http://www.guineafarm.com/guineas.html . And if you google "guinea fowl
      snakes" you will find many more I am sure. They are VERY noisy I understand
      so might not be best under the bedroom window. They free range completely
      and will keep themselves out of danger if you have a good tree they can
      roost in.

      They will also certainly let you know if a fox is in the area, or anything
      else for that matter.

      This is all hearsay but I am thinking of trying it so if anyone knows more
      about it I would be interested in hearing first hand stories.

      Cheers, Linda