6790natural beatle control

  • Carlos Enrique Kaiser Winkler
    Jan 2, 2008
      To whom in the natural farming group may know : In my walnut orchard irrigated through "Poritex" - a textile fibre which exudates water all along its walls -I have one problem: There are pupas of longhorned beatle perforating 2 to 3 mm holes in this fibre material. Instead of chemical control, I am searching for a weed to discourage these beatles. Does anybody have suggestions what veggies I may try ? To all the group my thanks -- I am learning much from all your intercourse e- mails. To all , wherever located I wish a good year... WITH RAIN. - Carlos

      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.comFrom: diebrand@...: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 04:25:51 -0800Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Ants problem

      Hit the send button in mid-sentence. Here is the continuation:Seedballs are no good if it doesn't rain. My neighbourwas able to sow two months ago and his crop is already2 feed high because he ploughed his field and was ableto take advantage of a little soil moisture. I'm still waitingfor the rain, and as it looks now it won't come before theend of the year. Which means it will be too late to sowfor next year and I will lose another season. It is hardlyadvisable to tell farmers under such circumstancesto convert to natural farming.DieterDieter Brand <diebrand@...> wrote:Calin,What predator are you talking about?DieterPS: Seedballs are no good if it doesn't rain. My neighbourwas able to sow two months ago "Calin A. Radulescu" <crandrei@...> wrote:Dieter,apart from hiding the seeds away from ants in a ball of clay, i would also try to answer questions such as:1- what critter would be the most efficient antpredator in that particular environment ? 2- what keeps that predator from doing its job?wishing all of you a very good year,calin.--- Dieter Brand <diebrand@...> wrote:__________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs---------------------------------Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]---------------------------------Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]