6482Re: [fukuoka_farming] Soyabeen crop failing in mid India every year.

  • rajutitus lal
    Sep 25, 2007
      Dear Dieter Brand,
      I got this information by Internet news. Use of herbicide is very harmful and is unnecessary.Burning, killing and removing organic diversity will cause pollution and weakness.Slowly no till farmers will understand this fact and will leave herbicide and chemical fertilizer.Any how they are getting two advantages 1-No soil irroson 2-Water absorption.
      If they start mulching as few farmers strarted will never get back for harmful chemicals.

      Dieter Brand <diebrand@...> wrote:
      Rajutitus,

      You wrote:
      > ... More than 35% farmers growing Soya were without tilling in USA. ...

      I don't know were you got this figure from. According to a study on
      no-till conducted by Rolf Derpsch a few years ago, there were about
      19 millions hectares under no-till cultivation in the US a few years ago.
      Anyway, practically all of these no-till farmers regularly use herbicides
      (Roundup) to kill off the weeds and the cover crops. Examples of
      organic no-till farming are few and far in between. Better to get the
      facts right.

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal