6156Re: Midwest Adaptation

  • ang
    May 31, 2007
      hi ... I too am in Indiana, and have just discovered the One Straw
      Revolution and this yahoo group and am experimenting with these
      techniques. Are you near Indianapolis? Is anyone else out there in or near
      Indiana?

      angie

      --- fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Fukuoka Farming Fukuoka Farming
      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      1.
      Midwest Adaptation From: lilybug9876

      View All Topics | Create New Topic
      Message
      1.
      Midwest Adaptation Posted by:
      "lilybug9876" lilybug9876@...
      lilybug9876 Wed May 30, 2007 3:34 pm
      (PST) Hi, I just found out about this type of
      gardening and I'm attempting it
      here in Indiana. So far I've weeded most weeds accept clover and let
      debris mulch. I've also sprinkled EMs and plan to do seed balling with
      glacial mineral clay powder.

      Are there any other types of plants or methods for this area? I know
      the original formulas are for warm weather-but I'm getting growth of
      the seeds that I planted without seedballs.

      I've got rich loamy/clay soil a bit low lime.

      ---
      angela herrmann
      safariang@...

      Check out the Indy Sustainable Food Alliance
      http://www.indysustainablefoodalliance.org/
      You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
      --Mahatma Gandhi
      If we throw mother nature out the window, she comes back
      in the door with a pitchfork." --Masanobu Fukuoka

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.