5910Re: [fukuoka_farming] Natural farming on highlands

  • Ingrid Bauer / Jean-Claude Catry
    Dec 1, 2006
      < the other way is building a tall wall
      and moove all the soil with a hoe until I get a flat surface>

      Ideally when you want to built a terrasse with high retaining walls it will be important to remove the top soil , bringing down the subsoil to make it flat then recover with the top soil . it will minimize the burrying of good top soil against the wall deep down and thinning the top soil on the upper part of the terrace .
      the way i do it in my garden ( on a rock bluff ) i fill the space behind the wall with wood and other organic matter mixed with some soil that i gather from ditches ( my terrasses are small scale )then plant all the plants that have been listed to you allready that are known great soil builders .
      jean-claude