5833Re: Store Bought Seed vs Other Seed

  • Gloria C. Baikauskas
    Nov 13, 2006
      I usually recommend two seed developers <who don't use GMO methods, but
      natural ones instead> who have been members of this list. George
      Stevens develops seeds in N. California. The URL for his website is
      http://www.synergyseeds.com

      The other seed developer is in Oregon, Tim Peters. His URL is

      http://www.pioneer-net.com/psr/index.html

      Gloria, Texas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "tykei2" <tykei2@...> wrote:

      > hi all,
      >
      > Im starting a small natural farm in a relatives back yard. Im going to
      > try various techniques based on the Fukuoka method. I have no
      > expectations except to learn and have fun.
      >
      > but I was wondering about seed? There are many seed types sold in
      > stores, but Im not sure if those have been engineered or altered in
      > some way? Most of the brands we have here are made by the Burpee
      > brand. Is it OK to use this seed? (i.e.- will it be a strong fertile
      > plant?) or if not, is there a place to get more natural seeds that are
      > better?
      >
      > any help is appreciated, thanks!
      >
      > -Ty

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic