5833Re: Store Bought Seed vs Other Seed

  • Gloria C. Baikauskas
    Nov 13 4:14 PM
      I usually recommend two seed developers <who don't use GMO methods, but
      natural ones instead> who have been members of this list. George
      Stevens develops seeds in N. California. The URL for his website is

      The other seed developer is in Oregon, Tim Peters. His URL is

      Gloria, Texas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "tykei2" <tykei2@...> wrote:
      > hi all,
      > Im starting a small natural farm in a relatives back yard. Im going to
      > try various techniques based on the Fukuoka method. I have no
      > expectations except to learn and have fun.
      > but I was wondering about seed? There are many seed types sold in
      > stores, but Im not sure if those have been engineered or altered in
      > some way? Most of the brands we have here are made by the Burpee
      > brand. Is it OK to use this seed? (i.e.- will it be a strong fertile
      > plant?) or if not, is there a place to get more natural seeds that are
      > better?
      > any help is appreciated, thanks!
      > -Ty
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic