5708Re: [fukuoka_farming] Bonfils book

  • Ingrid Bauer / Jean-Claude Catry
    Jul 19, 2006
      hello Mark

      i am sorry to hear that you did'nt benefit for your work in writting this booklet .It is the first time that i put my hand on the precise working of the method after having heard about it for so many years and i will have not read it if i had to pay for it .so i am rather please by this opportunity now question is , am i more advanced that i read it ?

      being a non grain eater, i din't have much incentive to try ( apart that i am living in a forest) now that i have chickens and more light it gave me the confidence to try it .
      I am curious of your own experience and trials and of any learning you might had about what can go wrong in the method -----

      here ( west coast canada in the rain shadow of vancouver island and olypic peninsula) , because the summers are so dry ( at least after july 15th when the soil is really drying out ) i am wondering if earlier sowing might be necessarry .
      i read about successive sowing later during the summer . is it to complete the holes left by unsuccessful 1rst sowing or to makes the stand denser than 60 cm spacing?
      jean-claude