5562Re:danger

  • debi novice
    Mar 25 5:43 PM
      Your danger warnings are not lost on many of us.
      Especially in this particular group.

      I cannot speak for everyone, obviously, but I do live
      in the United States, and am concerned on a few levels
      with what you speak of.

      "Organic", in the U.S. now, is a joke. The government
      took control of the label in the late 1990's, and
      there is no root value in that designation since that
      time. You are correct, when you speak of large
      agri-corps taking over the organic realm here. I am
      one of those having to fight the good fight, with
      every possibility of nasty consequences. I still
      believe there is a way for those of our bent to speak-
      well and with appropriate power- if we maintain
      diligence, integrity, and the good "minuteman"
      attitude.

      However, I must ask, why are you taking it for granted
      we U.S. citizens are settling for the status quo? Have
      you ignored the rest of our activities? Why would you
      assume that those who need the enlightenment of your
      post would be here, on FF? I'd think we are here
      because we already have a clue. Considering the US
      folk on this group live here in the states, and are
      absolutely going against the wishes of our government,
      perhaps we more of a clue of our reality than you, who
      prosletize from elsewhere.

      Are you willing to support us working on the inside,
      trying to make a difference? Would you rather just
      complain about us from a distance and put us all in
      the same nursery plot with broad, simplistic,
      characterizations and accusations? I'd like to think
      many of us Stateside folk have a brain cell or two
      left, and are already working- hard, if not always
      publicly- to get the best practices viable. We know
      more about the evil crap going on, because the gov
      swallowed us first, then moved on to trade agreements.

      We've lost children, land, homes, livelihoods. i'm
      almost glad our country's abuses are finally becoming
      known outside our borders. But: For you to claim us
      ignorant, speaks less of you. Get your facts,
      referents, history, and accusations straight, please.

      You make many assumptions in your post, only a couple
      do I feel are from your heart, rather than from a
      propaganda base. Please, if you want to toss
      accusations around: source, backup, and give
      independent, reliable referents.

      Are you truly, really, ready to own the full substance
      of your words? Please, I hope so. But only if you do
      understand the weight of your post. Us folk in the
      states have to live the reality you allude to. deb

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic