5497Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: difference in urine

  • rajutitus lal
    Feb 13, 2006
      Dear friend,
      When fukuoka was in Gandhi Ashram he was explaining making of seed balls.At that time I made a Quistion about mixing of cow dung and urine in clay for making seed balls,he rejected and told that be careful with human knowledge.In initially I was also using chiken manure later realised that no need to mix any thing with clay.clay is having so many useful microbes.-Raju

      Alfredo <alfdom@...> wrote:
      If I were to use human urine, I would put it in the compost rather
      than directly to soil. I do not know what Fakuoka San would
      recomend. Another list I belong to named soilmakers, has many posts
      on this subject. If you are interested in soil and compost, the site
      is very good.
      Take care
      Dominguez
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jim Bones <jimbones@...>
      wrote:

      > There is definitely a difference in male and female urine. My wife
      was
      > a hand spinner and weaver and she dyed yarns with vegetable dyes.
      One
      > of the mordant formulas called for the urine of young males. There
      is
      > definitely a difference between the two due to the different
      hormones
      > and metabolic by-products of each sex. It is not sexist it is
      scientific!

      > Jim Bones
      > ----------------------
      >
      > ziraat@... wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Kate,
      > >
      > > A classic English recipe for urine is: dilute to 32 parts water
      to 1 part
      > > urine. Male, female, isn't specified but the version you received
      sounds
      > > superstitious to me, maybe sexist.
      > >
      > > How to apply: you can use a watering can, or a foliar spray. In
      the latter
      > > case, obviously don't apply to edible leaves/fruit directly
      anytime
      > > shortly
      > > before consuming the produce. Not that urine is 'bad' for you--
      some yogis
      > > and others have used it as a tonic (full of minerals, for
      example) and
      > > there are many cases of people surviving by drinking urine while
      > > trapped in
      > > snowstorms or vehicle accidents for many days.
      > >
      > > Simplest method I know is: urinate right into a one-gallon
      watering can,
      > > then add water. If you want to be true to the recipe, find out
      how many
      > > ounces to your 'average' urination (it will be just a few ounces)
      by using
      > > a measuring cup. So if you usually expel four ounces, perfect--
      just fill
      > > the one-gallon can to the brim, and head for the garden!
      > >
      > > -Forest Shomer

      > > From: "Katherine T." <BeltaineBabe@...>
      > > Subject: As an aside...
      > >
      > > This is a bit embarrassing, but...
      > > Can anyone tell me about using human urine as a soil ammendment?
      > >
      > > I was told that only male urine can be used, that female urine
      will
      > > harm fruit trees and plants. Is this right and can anyone tell me
      why?

      > > I have been saving my urine but now wonder if it is a toxic
      substance.

      > > Any knowledge on this subject?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > a blushing,
      > > kate

      > > http://mail2web.com/ .

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      ------

      Organic gardening Organic gardening magazine Organic gardening pest control Organic gardening supply Organic vegetable gardening Organic seed