5176Re: chook and horse manure

  • John Jensen
    Oct 30, 2005
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogdo oups.com, Elinor Jean
      <u3288545@a...> wrote:
      > Hiya,
      > What does fukuoka farming say about putting animal manure onto
      > We have chooks who live in a large run, but have to be kept in a
      run or
      > the feral foxes, cats and dogs eat them, and we regularly empty
      > run onto the gardens. Same with horse manure. Is this good or bad?
      > ta, El.
      He says that "do nothing" is the goal and the path. The idea is to
      allow by intelligent plant selection, "growing soil". He use
      wandering animals for manure. That is the practice according to his
      books. On your query, I have only one question. How does your
      garden grow? The reason I ask is that there are many ways to grow
      plants, but this is not the focus of his work. In short, manure is
      good in the right mix.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic