4829Re: [fukuoka_farming] Potatoes okay, what about carrots?

  • francisco
    Mar 2, 2005
      for carrots you pull the mulch apart down to soil, generally wonderfully
      friable under the mulch. must pull the mulch making wide avenues of clear
      soil and sow the carrots on the clean soil. as the arrots grow and after
      the thinning, you can gradually move the mulch back on top . I have never do
      it because the birds do it for me. if the mulch is not wide apart to start
      with, the doings of the birds may cover the seeds or seedlings wit a thick
      layer of mulch and prevent them from growing.
      francisco