4828Re: [fukuoka_farming] Potatoes okay, what about carrots?

  • Beatrice Gilboa
    Mar 2, 2005
      >> I grow potatoes in mulch to avoid disturbing the earth. They seem to be coming along quite nicely now.
      The proof will be in the picking.

      - take well care to keep enough mulch... I had experienced once when I wasn't too much looking at it, that the potatoes get green because the mulch "desapear under the potatoes"

      >> If I have a heavily mulched garden ready for carrots, how do I sow the
      seeds? Surely not on top of the mulch? Under the mulch would be too
      deep. // Any ideas?

      - You can remove a narrow line or spots just were you want to seed them.

      Best wishes
      Beatrice
      Udim, Israel