4824Potatoes okay, what about carrots?

  • Mike Gibbons
    Feb 28, 2005
      Thanks to those who suggested I grow potatoes in mulch to avoid
      disturbing the earth. They seem to be coming along quite nicely now.
      The proof will be in the picking.

      I am quite happy about transplanting seedlings into a mulched garden.
      But there are some plants that I really must grow from seed. Carrots,
      for example.

      If I have a heavily mulched garden ready for carrots, how do I sow the
      seeds? Surely not on top of the mulch? Under the mulch would be too
      deep. After all, isn't one of the reasons for mulch to stop weed
      germination?

      Any ideas?

      Mike
      Auckland