4690Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Maple-tapping, revisited

  • lucia@lrw.net
    Jan 1, 2005
      Dear EinuIf, Andres, and Karri - thank you for all the birch tapping
      info, links, and personal experience stories.

      On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Andres Rattur wrote:

      > I have usually collected birch sap by breaking v-shaped branch and
      > putt this branch inside bottle so bottle is hanging on tree.

      I'm not clear about this. you use the branch for a support for the bottle,
      but you still have to tap the tree somehow, right?

      > Mostly I just drink this sap without making no preparation

      I wonder if there are any health benefits to drinking this sap, or is it
      just a sugar high?

      lucia
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic