4687VS: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Maple-tapping, revisited

  • Karri Varpio
    Jan 1, 2005
      In Finland both B. pendula and B. pubescens are used for taking sap. Usually
      it is drunk as such, but one book said that it could also be boiled to
      syrup. It can be frozen or pasteurized to store it longer, but heating of
      course destroys some elements.
      http://www.aurinkolehto.fi/eng/index.htm has developed a method to store it
      without heating, but they keep their method as a secret. (Pages look
      business-orientated, but contain also information about birch sap.)

      Karri