4430Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: to dig or not to dig-acid soil

  • francisco cotejo
    Aug 4, 2004
      Dear Benjamin,

      You are right but sometimes we want to plant crops that we want and we may have to modify or ameliorate the site a bit, particularly if the amelioration required is only liming which entails very low cost or very minimal undertaking.

      Francisco

      benonthenet <benonthenet@...> wrote:
      Part of natural gardening is planting site appropriate plants. If you
      have acid soil, do some research on food crops that prefer or
      tolerante acid sandy soil. Seagrape and sea kale come to mind for me.
      You can plant and harvest them without having to change the ph of the
      soil. As the soil naturally changes you'll find that it will host
      more kinds of crops.

      Benjamin

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT