438Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: my introduction

  • jbmc@attglobal.net
    Feb 26, 2002
      At 05:04 PM 2/25/02 -0000, You wrote:

      >But regarding seeds, there
      >is just no way of knowing what quality of fruit you'll end up with -
      >Fukuoka waxes lyrical about the beauty of such a natural orchard in
      >The Natural Way of Farming and I am drawn to the vision myself, yet,
      >ultimately, I plan to plant several hundred trees whose fruit I will
      >sometime want to market: unless consumer tastes change radically in
      >the coming decade I doubt there will be many eager customers.

      * * * * * * *

      Consumers' taste, Mr. Souscayrous, will very likely
      remain the same, but i see emerging a new awareness relative to
      the nutritional aspect of biological foods. A growing number of
      old-timers, like myself, are begining questioning the "factual" -
      NOT the theoretical - capacity of present day biological produce
      to truly nourish the Human Organism.

      Though the majority of us still languish in the old
      illusion that we can obtain from Nature such superior foods "on
      our own terms", a few others have come to realize that we, in fact,
      have no alternative other than surrendering our millenary interven-
      tionism.

      "Truer" foods imply the presence of an equilibrium
      of elements absolutely beyond our ability to comprehend, such is
      the complexity of the involved interactions. I consider delusive
      - even irrational - the expectation of receiving from Nature such
      "unknown" foods, while maintaining the multitude of our intrusive
      interferences on Her workings.

      Not only - as You have mentioned - our present day
      fruits are questionable, but questionable are also our own taste
      buds, for, by forcing perversion upon Nature, we have executed
      perversion upon ourselves.

      Retracing our steps all the way back to day-one of
      Civilization, and from there stepping further back into the Garden,
      is the great challenge facing Mankind today. It is a long journey,
      uncertain for untrodden is the pathway. Indeed!, we need to abandon
      ourselves to Nature, we need the counsel and inspiration of Mr.
      Masanobu Fukuoka, the great visionary of our times.

      From Vancouver, Canada, my best wishes and regards.

      jb Mirabile-caruso.

      "Foliar Vegetarianism": "the" pathway back to "Pure Fruitarianism"