3918RE: [fukuoka_farming] acorns

  • jamie
    Dec 21, 2003
      Hello Jean-Claude, I'll be happy to send you through some of the sweet
      acorns (taste tested by Anne, my wife, who gave them her seal of approval
      and she's far less zealous in her appreciation of wild foods than I). Let me
      know your address off-list and I'll send them over to you. Obviously, the
      offer holds good for anyone else who wants to try some Quercus ilex var.
      Ballota(?).

      Below I'm including some details comparing acorns, sweet chestnuts and
      potatoes from the work of Marc Bonfils. I'm currently working with other
      members of Association Las Encantadas to put Marc's work up on the internet
      (the work is currently available in printed form only at no little cost).
      Most of the work is in French so might be of especial interest to you.

      acorns chestnuts potatoes
      water 8.7-44.6 ND ND
      Carbohydrates 32.7-89.7 40 20
      Proteins 2.3-8.6 4 1.8-2