      From: robert waldrop [mailto:rmwj@...]
      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 4:19 AM
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: 2 Points

      Well, I have hesitated to get into this thread, but this statement isn't
      really true.

      > the phrases you quoted reflect very christian views, i feel....

      Maybe some Christians feel that way, but its not good theology.

      I am a devout Catholic Christian, founder of a Catholic Worker house, I
      see no conflict between my religious faith and natural farming. In fact,
      my own experiments with urban natural gardening are rooted in my
      Christian faith and my praxis of the teachings of my church.

      Natural farming can and should be expressed/explained in a variety of
      religious/theological/philosophical/cultural/racial world views, for the
      human ecology of this planet is nothing if not composed of a rather
      variegated tapestry of such beliefs. And natural farming praxis has to
      take into account the human species because we have such an impact on
      our surroundings.

      Also, my personal intuition is that all species are 'centric towards
      their own species. My dogs, for example, never leave any extra treats
      for the cats, and if I give the cats treats, if a dog comes close he is
      liable to get scratched on the nose. Maybe they learned this
      caninecentric and felinecentric behavior from their long association
      with us, but I don't think so. Whatever else we are or might be in the
      future, we have the ability to rise above an anthrocentric viewpoint to
      take into account all of the myriad parts of Creation.

      Robert Waldrop, OKC
      http://www.bettertimesinfo.org/2003garden.htm