15412Re: Arachis Pintoi

  • Nandan
    Aug 5, 2013

      Please see a message from 'Melroy C.F. Fernandes', he/she was not able to become a member of this group and message is 'Your membership is awaiting approval by the group owner'

      Co-ordinator, please take care of this.

      I'd applied for web-only membership some weeks back but have not received a reply yet!

      What is Arachis Pintoi known as locally and where do you obtain the seeds from? A friend of mine is looking for cover crops which can be used for year round fodder for cattle.
      Most Govt. dept's know nothing about scientific names!

      I'd also like to inform members of this group that I was looking for White Clover seeds in Mangalore, India, but in vain. Finally, I managed to procure 50 kgs(2 sacks)(as NSC sells only in bulk and this was the smallest qty I was allowed to buy) of Sunn Hemp seeds from the National Seed Corp. India @Rs.70/kg. Anyone in the vicinity interested in the seeds may email me at melroy70@.... . I have a receipt from NSC and can sell the seeds at Rs.80/kg which will cover my transportation costs.

      Melroy C.F. Fernandes

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Nandan" <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Came across a new leguminous ground cover Arachis Pintoi which is also known as perenial peanut, see the link.
      > http://www.agrowingculture.org/2012/03/breaking-vietnam%E2%80%99s-coffee-monoculture-with-perennial-peanut-arachis-pintoi/
      > It grows very low, and it looks like it can be grown like a mat. I have seen people growing it as an ornamental plant. Will this be suitable for growing grains? Any ideas?
      > Regards,
      > Nandan
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic