      From: Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...>
      To: fukuoka farming <fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] Handling mulch

      Greetings Nandan,
      To answer your question I am guessing it is because the straw has enough
      time to rot a little before the seedlings are ready to sprout...
      Fukuoka threw the seedballs for the next crop just before harvesting his
      grain and putting back the straw. In my little experimental natural plot I
      noticed the seedballs I threw did not necessarily sprout when I expected
      them to, but skipped one planting season.
      I suppose Fukuoka showed a field at cruising speed already, and not a
      newly-created one like you and I and some other members here have.
      When I was little we were constantly reminded by our teachers, "If at first
      you don't succeed try and try again".
      Happy farming to all.

      RUTHIE