15309Re: [fukuoka_farming] First hand experience

  • Harish Amur
    May 16 10:07 AM
      In my opinion, Jowar being a monocot does not add too much to the soil, in
      a manner that I understand soil. It also is not a good mulch*, compared to
      dicots. I have tried growing alasande and it does grow very easily. It does
      not require too much water too. You can use any alasande seed that you can
      get hold of, to start with.

      *It does not decay fast and the area covered by its leaves is not
      substantial compared to dicot plants like alasande (cowpea).

      Regards,
      Harish