14390Re: [fukuoka_farming] Ghaneri (Common Lantana _Lantana_ _camara_)

  • d pfalzer
    Oct 1, 2012
      I have Lantana here in Florida (USA). This is a picture I have found on the web which looks like what I have: http://www.flowersgrowing.com/lantana/

      I agree that it is a pretty plant, and low maintenance, too. The bees like it. Some gardening clippers or a knife cut it pretty easily.

      One thing to be careful of (and I have learned this the hard way), is that the cuttings you take and put on the ground will root -- and form whole new plants.

      This is nice because making a fence out of it will be easy, but troublesome if one wants to use it for mulch later on. Nowadays I let it dry out (on the sidewalk -- anyplace where it can't take root) and become completely dead before I use it that way.