13648Re: [fukuoka_farming] seed storage

  • Boovarahan Srinivasan
    Jul 7, 2012
      Don't make the soil wet . Just make the seeds wet . Take dry soil ( sieved
      and powdered - to avoid clumps ) slightly more in volume than that of seeds
      ( around twice the volume of seeds should work ) . The soil should be
      highly clayey so as to stick with wet seeds . Mix thoroughly the wet seeds
      and dry soil in a pan so that the seeds are coated with clayey soil . (
      Simply take out the seeds from water / Bijamrutha and mix with soil ). Then
      use a mesh screen which we use to sieve sand for plastering work to sieve
      the seed soil mixture. The dry soil comes out through the mesh while the
      coated seeds stay behind .

      I have not tested this method but it is worth giving a try.

      On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM, G. G. Hegde <gghegde@...> wrote:

      > Boovarahan,
      >
      > Could you explain this in step by step method. I am not able
      > to visualize how to do it. I would like to try it for my cover crop.
      >
      > I tried to dip the seeds in thick slurry of clay (mud from my farm pond), i
      > do not think i am successful. I did not know how to dry the seeds, it was
      > all sticking together.
      >
      > regards,
      > gg
      >

      > Boovarahan S

      Chennai.
      09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)