13647Re: [fukuoka_farming] seed storage

  • Venkat Iyer
    Jul 7, 2012
      Dear Ruthie,
      It took Fukuoka san years to master the art of growing rice without
      tilling. I only tried for 2 years and the results were pathetically
      low, which is what I meant by 'failed'. I will have to keep on trying
      to get the right combination which works for our climate and land to
      get some yield of rice. It is hard work and needs a lot of patience.
      Unfortunately I lack both.
      Also, I am dependent on the land for my living and do not have any
      other source of income. I need rice for myself and hence opted for a
      method which suits my area and work conditions. This method involves
      tilling the land so I do it.
      I still dream of growing rice without tilling one day in the future
      and hope to do it.

      Venkat Iyer
      (Mob) : 9820052606
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic