      From: Boovarahan Srinivasan <offtown@...>
      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 1:35 PM
      Subject: Re: [fukuoka_farming] seed storage

      One of the greatest organic farming exponents Sri Nammlwar has suggested a
      method wherein wet seeds are mixed with soil and sieved through a wire mesh
      , just like we sieve river sand for building / construction work . The wet
      seeds are then dried and kept in stock. One Mr Shankar from Tirunelveli has
      suggested me this method when I narrated him of my failure with direct
      scattering of rice seeds.
      But I have not tested it.

      On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Nandan Palaparambil
      <p_k_nandanan@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Mixing wet seed with sieved soil looks to be a good method, if it is
      > enough so that birds does not pick up.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Nandan
      > Boovarahan S

      Chennai.
      09962662717 (Vodafone) , 08825889492 (Videocon)