1356Re: [fukuoka_farming] Proposed changes to website

  • Justin .
    Nov 7, 2002
      >From: "emilia" <emhaz@...>
      >the special particularity of natural ag. is the maintaining the dynamic of
      >a wild soil in spite of practicing an agriculture system...agriculture is a
      >manipulation, meaning an action is done by human hands: which implies we
      >are imposing something to whatever could have been there "naturally"...but
      >out of all the "manipulations" that humans can do, if the one done is
      >stablishing an agriculture with a dynamic that corresponds to what the soil
      >would have going there if let to itself (instead of agriculturally
      >occupied): is a less harmful thing that whatever other agriculture
      >disturbing the soil would be happening there...
      >so my opinion on what links, etc. to put on the fukuoka site should be
      >consistent with this particularity of no-till...

      How does Agroforestry fit in with this. Does Forest Gardening involve any
      tilling? If not, it sounds like there would be no problem giving links for
      that.
      Regarding Permaculture, I think the suggestion of a link to the British site
      is a good idea. There are lots of people involved with that association who
      are interested in and perhaps use Fukuoka's techniques. I am sure also that
      if you asked them, they would add our site to their links page. That would
      be very good.

      An example of no-till permaculture could be Ben Law. He has a book, "The
      Woodland Way: A Permaculture Approach to Sustainable Woodland Management"
      which I will be happy to review once I've read it. He is the coppicer. I
      don't think he ever tills. As I have said, his woods have been continually
      coppiced for 400 years. This then, also seems consistent.

      Emilia, do you have a web-site?
      Best wishes,
      Justin.