13451Re: [fukuoka_farming] Almond Tree and Apricot Tree nuts

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Apr 30, 2012
      Hello Kostas,
      In my experience, wild peach also grows without any kind of care. Just
      throw the stone after eating.
      Since I am still bound by my old fears engendered by scientific farming, my
      first experiment was to put the stones in a pot with earth. They grew, of
      course. So I tried the same thing with red peach last summer, that grew of
      course.
      Now those tiny trees are planted in the ground. I use the young leaves to
      flavor a delicious liquor. I noticed however that this year which is very
      rainy the leaves curl and blister. I think peach doesn't like rain.
      The friend who gave me the red peaches got them from a tree...that grew
      from a stone she left on the ground. Now hers is a tall tree but rather
      thin because it is not watered or fertilized, but we don't care, do we? We
      just want some nice fruit.
      Happy n-farming.
      RUTHIE