13315Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Fukuoka san's comment in an interview

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Mar 1, 2012
      Hi Norm from Australia, hi all,

      When you talked of intuition towards the end of your post it made me recall
      my Philosophy 101 classes where we tackled the subject of human
      intelligence.
      Pure spirits function by intuition, meaning to say they get to the essence
      of things instantly.
      Humans who are made of body and mind, with the mind being tied to the body,
      are obliged to obtain knowledge through the body, i.e. through his material
      senses that he employs to pierce the physical and non-physical world. Such
      is the nature of man, that he should obtain most of his knowledge by
      learning and not by intuition.
      Some may see it as a weight, I see it as a wonderful opportunity to
      contemplate the things around us, and to use our ignorance as an excuse
      to enjoy some leisure of sorts.
      Still there are things that man knows instinctively, no matter where he
      comes from or in what religion or non-religion he is brought up in. We
      call them instincts, like the instinct of self-preservation, that of
      respect, or of worship.
      I guess we generally agree that Fukuoka's books hold treasures. They are an
      endless spring, and we non-Japanese speakers would like to see more of his
      works translated, please. Calling Jason and Co.

      Best,
      RUTHIE