12859Re: [fukuoka_farming] Moreover धर्म

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Nov 5, 2011
      Hi Boze,
      I think in English the nearest equivalent term to how you describe
      dharma, if you take the English term's philosophical meaning, is *essence*.
      Essence is what makes a thing be what it is. For example the essence of a
      chair is to be sat on, etc. etc..the essence of an animal is to be animate,
      the essence of a man is to be a rational animal. In this acceptation
      rational is not opposed to irrational but to non-rational or non-reasoning.

      This is why we have so many interesting discussionsin this group, because
      we are rational.

      Happy natural farming! (If ever there is such a thing... because if I take
      the gist of our exchanges I infer that farming is not natural hehe)

      RUTHIE