11047Re: [fukuoka_farming] Read this book?

  • Jason Stewart
    Sep 16, 2010
      Dear friend Raju,

      This message's text character encoding is Unicode UTF-8:.

      There's no difference in the words in Japanese for Nature Farming 自然農法 and
      Natural Farming 自然農法, written by Fukuoka Masanobu sensei & supporters & Okada
      Mokichi & his followers respectively.
      There are real differences in the philosophies, significant differences in the
      defining principles, and very big differences in the practices.

      Please Raju let's get Fukuoka's words right per-se, in his Japanese, and
      understanding them in English.
      Please, if you don't see any difference between the words in English: nature and
      natural, then please don't disagree with me.
      Firstly, I'm writing this for many many critical-people who speak English as
      their first language, who tell me they do see real differences between the words
      nature and natural.
      Dear Raju, in Hindi I'd like to know what Fukuoka Masanobu sensei had for
      translations from his words 自然農法 (shizen nōhō), please? And then we will
      translate those direct Hindi words into English, as best and resonating in
      English as much as possible.
      The differences get explained in dictionaries, and reasonably explained in that
      book, which, it's a pity, does however have a Okada Mokichi bias in the number
      of words it devotes to Okada Mokichi compared with the number of words it
      devotes to Fukuoka Masanobu sensei, of course.
      Nature Farming clearly more correctly translates Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's 自然農法
      from Japanese to English for the purpose of words (words alone).

      Dear Raju, Fukuoka Masanobu sensei has far better *Nature Farming* philosophies
      哲学, principles, and practices... .
      As do you, and Panos, and Honma, and more people.
      Words nature & natural don't differentiate between your better practices and
      other worse practices, the practices themselves do differentiate, the principles
      Fukuoka Masanobu sensei wrote in Japanese do differentiate, and the spiritual
      experience(s) Fukuoka Masanobu sensei experienced, articulated and philosophised
      about do differentiate.
      Far better philosophically, and most importantly IMHO far better spiritually
      enlightened Nature Farming 'revelation(s)'.

      Nature Farming as a phrase resonates in English very well for English speakers
      what Fukuoka Masanobu is saying in the rest of his writings, eg. spiritual,
      philosophical, principles, practices.

      Please, friend Yugandjar and friend Sumant, will you translate the meaning of
      this into Hindi for friend Raju Titus's benefit, for me and us all.

      Please understand friend Raju that i support wholeheartedly your principles,
      practices, philosophy, spirituality and understanding given to you directly
      by Fukuoka Masanobu sensei himself in direct translation to Hindi, by, i read
      two translators at one time. It is in the context of my support for you and your
      activities that i criticise a little your mere words below about only English
      translation.

      On shizen 自然 in Japanese, and on Nature (English) or natural,
      here is one of my Japanese-English dictionaries pages quoted:
      "
      しぜん【自然】
      1 〔天然の姿〕nature (▼冠詞をつけない)
      派生語 自然 (のまま) の|natural
      自然を友とする|take nature for a friend / [make a friend of / be close to] nature
      自然に親しむ|commune [converse] with nature
      自然の懐に抱かれて休息した|⦅文語⦆ We rested in the bosom of nature.
      渓谷のすばらしい自然の景観を楽しんだ|We enjoyed the wonderful natural view of the ravine.
      自然の威力に打たれた|I was struck by the power of nature.
      小さな虫の世界にも自然の営みがある|Even in the world of tiny insects, the working of nature goes
      on.
      子孫のために美しい自然を保護してゆかねばならない|We must preserve this beautiful natural scenery for
      posterity.
      このあたりにはまだ自然が残っている|The natural environment has been preserved in this area.
      2 〔ありのまま,無理がない様子〕
      君の話し方は自然だ|Your way of speaking is very natural.
      彼の立ち居振る舞いは自然でない|His behavior is unnatural [affected].
      気取らず自然に話す|speak unaffectedly
      自然に振る舞う|behave naturally
      3 〔当然〕
      彼女が母を慕うのは自然だ|It is only natural that she should be deeply attached to her
      mother.
      無口だから自然と友人も少ない|He is so reserved that naturally he has few friends.
      4 〔ひとりでそうなる様子〕
      派生語 自然の|〔自然発生的,自発的〕spontaneous; 〔自動的,反射的〕automatic
      派生語 自然に|spontaneously; automatically
      自然にわく思想|a spontaneous thought
      我々の呼吸は自然になされるものだ|Our breathing is automatic [autonomic].
      傷は自然になおった|The wound healed by itself.
      自然の成り行きに任せる|leave ⦅a matter⦆ to take its own course / let nature take its course
      自然の結果として|as a natural result
      あの人の前に出ると自然と礼儀正しくなる|When I am in his presence, my
      manners automatically [naturally] improve.
      それを聞いて自然とほほが緩んだ|When I heard it, I couldn't help smiling.
      あとで自然と分かることだ|Time will tell.
      最年長者なので自然とまとめ役になった|Because I was the oldest, I automatically became the
      coordinator.
      合成語
      自然界|nature; the natural world
      自然改造|the remodeling [reshaping] of nature
      自然科学|natural science
      自然観|an outlook on nature; a view of nature
      自然換気|natural ventilation
      自然環境保全地域|a nature conservation area
      自然環境保全法|the Nature Conservation Law
      自然休会|a spontaneous recess
      自然現象|a natural phenomenon ⦅複-na⦆
      自然公園|a nature park
      自然災害|a natural disaster
      自然死|a natural death
      ・ 自然死する|die a natural death; die naturally
      自然主義|〔文学,哲学で〕naturalism
      ・ 自然主義的|naturalistic
      自然主義者|a naturalist
      自然食品|natural food(s)
      自然人|「a natural [an unspoiled] person
      自然数|〔数学で,正の整数〕a natural number
      自然崇拝|nature worship
      自然崇拝者|a nature worshiper
      自然生態系|a natural ecosystem
      自然葬|natural burial
      自然増加|〔法律で,財産の〕accretion
      人口の自然増加率|the rate of natural population increase
      自然増収|〔経済で〕an automatic increase in revenue
      自然体|a natural [relaxed] posture
      自然体で立つ[構える]|stand naturally
      自然対数|〔数学で〕a natural [Napierian] logarithm
      自然淘汰(とうた)|natural selection
      弱いものは自然淘汰されてしまう|The weak [die out / are weeded out] through the process
      of natural selection.
      自然治癒|(a) spontaneous cure
      ・ 自然治癒する|「be cured [heal] spontaneously
      自然地理学|physical geography
      自然農法|chemical-free [organic] farming
      自然発火|spontaneous combustion
      自然発生|spontaneous generation; 〔生物で〕autogenesis
      山火事の自然発生|the spontaneous outbreak of a fire in the mountains
      この会は自然発生的にできたものだ|This society came into being spontaneously.
      自然美|natural beauty
      自然描写|(a) description of nature
      自然法|natural law; jus naturale
      自然法則|natural laws; the law of nature
      自然保護|the protection [conservation, preservation] of nature
      自然保護運動|a conservation movement
      自然保護団体|a conservation group
      自然遊歩道|a nature trail
      自然療法|a nature cure
      自然力|the force of nature; natural agency; elemental forces
      ⇒コラム「環境公害」
      "

      BTW most properly, pedantically, also,:
      natural in Japanese: shizen no 自然 の, shown above at the top.
      rather, nature in Japanese simply: shizen 自然.
      Of course "nature farming" or popularly called "natural farming" in Japanese
      simply: shizen nōhō 自然農法 , as i've said before many times here.

      This message with much Japanese text will also experimentally test Yahoo more.

      I criticise destructive practices and so on like often by PermaCult... because i
      don't support those practices and because i don't support the ego-blinded title
      and it's meaning, PermaCult... . No thing permanently cultures. Eternal changing
      cultures aren't permanent. Eternal ≠ Permanent. Eternal nature ≠ Permanent
      culture nor even their first intended meaning of perennial agriculture.

      Nature is Protean in form.
      All form is formless and void.
      Tjukurpa, the Pitjantjatjara language cosmology, for example, describes eternal
      nature-culture amomgst more meanings that it carries within it.

      Enjoy i hope, and sorry for the previous double post,

      Jason Stewart
      south eastern Oz (Oz = slang for Australia)