11039Re: [fukuoka_farming] Read this book?

  • Jason Stewart
    Sep 15, 2010
      This message's text character encoding is Unicode UTF-8:.

      "
      Hui-lian Xu
      Senior Researcher and Deputy Director, Agricultural Experiment Station
      International Nature Farming Research Center, Hata, Nagano 390- 1401, Japan
      "

      Previously I read somewhere, which i can't find now -let us know briefly please
      if you have found this, or correct me if i'm wrong-, that Hui-lian Xu has worked
      in this Agricultural Experiment Station, in Nagano Japan, for seven years?

      Thanks, i suppose, Brian Covert for posting this free-book link. Thanks also so
      very much for the photos previously Brian; I don't know where to start saying
      the magnitude of how grateful i am for the photos of *practice* continuining in
      Japan.
      Secretly-for-irony, for instance for not spoon feeding readers about how
      to simply google search, and for instance also for not precluding the Indian
      publisher from making some revenue from us members of the 'wealthy world', i
      kept that (secret), previously when i posted here about the book at:

      From:
      -> http://www.infrc.or.jp/english/INFRC_Web_2_draft/Organization.html

      "
      International Nature Farming Research Center (INFRC)

      ________________________________

      >>>Organization
      ________________________________

      Establishment
      The International Nature Farming Research Center was established with the
      objectives of enhancing economic stability of farmers and producing nutritious
      and good quality food for human consumption, through research and extension
      programs of agricultural techniques based on ecological principles that preserve
      the natural environment. These objectives follow the philosophies of Mokichi
      Okada, the founder of Nature Farming, which state "Respect Nature and Conform to
      Its Laws" and "Allow the Living Soil to Exhibit Its Great Potential Abilities."

      Nature Farming has been practiced and handed down over generations by supporters
      of Okada's philosophy even during the times when it was thought that agriculture
      cannot progress without using chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Today we find
      attention being focused on the need for food safety and environmental
      protection. Therefore Nature Farming has been highly appraised for its role in
      these times. This is confirmed by the fact that the Center has been approved as
      a foundation by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, and remains
      active in developing and spreading Nature Farming as an alternative agricultural
      option.

      History

      1935:
      Mokichi Okada advocated the principles of his farming method.

      1982:
      The International Nature Farming Development Center was established.

      1985:
      The International Nature Farming Research Center was established as a
      foundation.

      2000:
      The Center was approved as a registered certification organization for the JAS
      Organic Certification Program.
      "

      Okada-Mokichi-following nature farming 自然農法 - see also related:
      http://www.shumei.org/
      http://www.shumei-na.org/
      http://www.shumeicrestone.org/

      There's Okada-Mokichi-following nature farming 自然農法 here in Australia. That farm
      here calls it, in English, "pure farming" or sometimes calls it, in English,
      "macrobiotic farming".

      Some previous posts about Okada Mokichi nature farming, and outgrowths from it
      of Shumei, see:

      Once again in some posts here in this group Bob Monie thinks that the phrase
      "nature farming" is used to distinguish it from Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's
      "natural farming", but this is wrong. I'm speaking pedantically (&
      scientifically) when i say: misunderstanding losses in translation from the
      Japanese by the English phrase "natural farming"; Given that the Japanese is the
      same phrase shizen nōhō 自然農法, in both Fukuoka Masanobu sensei's and Okada
      Mokichi's (Japanese) writings. Bob Monie made that up evidently. Reading the
      Japanese dictionary definitions of shizen 自然 help to understand what shizen
      means, guessing doesn't, positing a guess of one of the many meanings of the
      English words nature or natural doesn't. Of the many widely used meanings of the
      English word nature or natural, perhaps pedantically (& scientifically on
      words) the nearest English meaning is:
      -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_(innate)
      In quoting, incorrectly Bob wrote:
      "The Shumei "natural agriculture" is often called "nature farming" to
      distinguish it from Fukuoka's "natural" farming."

      Cheers & respect (genuine) to Bob, and to all, all life,

      Jason Stewart
      south eastern Oz.